We tried this cobbler recipie off pinterest and it was a huge hit, and it is so easy!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups peeled peaches (if frozen, thaw and drain juice)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. While oven preheats, put the butter in a 9-inch glass dish and place in oven until melted.
2. Mix flour, 2/3 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add milk and egg to flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter over melted butter in glass dish. DO NOT STIR.
3. Put the peaches in a bowl, add 1/3 cup sugar along with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Spoon peaches gently over batter. DO NOT STIR.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over top of peaches and batter.
5. Bake cobbler for 40-50 minutes or until batter is golden brown. Finsih with a few minutes to broil to give it a little extra crispness on top (watch closely so it doesn't burn).